Meet Abby Rickard: spring 2016 creative intern
Name: Abby Rickard
Hometown: Honesdale, PA
School: Kutztown University
Major: Communication Design (Advertising and Graphic Design tracks)
1. What do you hope to learn during your time at swbr?
It’s helpful to be in a work environment. In school, you do everything a certain way because you’re doing everything for a project whereas here you have someone writing copy, someone doing marketing and we come in with the creative. It’s nice to see all the departments working together.
2. What made you want to intern at swbr?
When I looked at their website, I noticed they did a lot of ads and photography. I like to do photography. I’m not as much into illustration, so I liked their style.
3. What’s your favorite ad right now?
I like the cigarette ones where they walk in and rip their cheek off or pull out their tooth to buy a pack of cigarettes. I thought that was a powerful message.
4. What’s the most important thing you’ve learned in college?
Definitely time management because if you don’t, you end up awake all night and into the wee hours of the morning.
5. What are your hobbies?
I like photography, I go to the gym a lot and I like basketball.
6. What’s your favorite candy?
Mike & Ikes; the pink ones, specifically.
7. What’s your favorite holiday and why?
I like Christmas. Everyone’s usually cheery around Christmas.
8. What’s the best show on television?
9. What’s the most interesting place you’ve ever visited?
I really liked Bermuda. I went there on a cruise. I always wanted to see clear blue water and I got to see it there. I went to Europe: Paris, London and Germany. It was really cool to see the actual structures of the Eiffel Tower and Big Ben instead of just seeing them in a book.
10. Name one thing on your bucket list.
Skydiving or something adventurous.